Saturday, February 1, 2014

38 Weeks!

Well, I am officially 38.5 weeks!

I can't believe how fast time has gone by incubating this little guy.  Starting from just a little weensie pomegranate kernel, little baby Kimchee has grown to the size of a medium pumpkin.  I find if funny what fruits and veggies the latest pregnancy blog tells me is the estimated size of the baby. Sometimes, I think..."that really can't be right".

I officially started my maternity leave at 5:00pm on Friday!  My co-worker and I celebrated by getting pedicures!  This last month has been quite a whirlwind for me, my supervisor moved to San Diego two weeks before I was about to go on maternity leave which was very bittersweet.  Lucky for me, I interviewed for her position while being practically 9 months pregnant and....drum roll please....was offered the position!  This news is fresh off the press!

Talk about crazy, mixed up, twists of fate.  All I can say, is that I'm pretty much in a state of shock!  I kept telling little baby kimchee that he just needs to incubate a little bit longer so that I can make it through two interviews and finish up my job responsibilities.  I was a little worried because, people keep telling me that "the baby looks soo low" and that "it looks like you will pop at any moment". Lucky for me, I made it through and now I get to enjoy this time of excitement and anticipation for labor.

Until my next post...

Genie Kimchee

No comments:

Post a Comment