Baby Update:
I failed my glucose test...which means I have to do a secondary glucose test that lasts 3 hours long! Hopefully I won't have gestational diabetes. If I do, then we will cross that bridge. For now, I'm trying to focus my attention on doing a little exercise everyday, eating right and reading to keep my mind off of worrying. Little baby Kim is kicking up a storm, the weirdest feeling is when he completely shifts around, it feels so weird!
Family Update:
Lucy, our three year old puppy has been snuggling up on my lap next to my belly. Sometimes, I wonder if she knows that the baby is coming. Hopefully, the baby and Lucy will be good friends.
For the first time during this pregnancy, I had to ask someone at Costco to help me with my groceries. I debated whether or not to even grab a case of water during my shopping errand, and usually Larry and I go grocery shopping together...but I swallowed my pride and asked quite a few people for help:
- First, I couldn't reach the blackberries in the giant refrigerator. My belly was in the way and it was just too high for me to reach. So I asked a mom with two kids if she would be so kind to reach the berries for me. She was a great help!
- Second, I needed a case of water. I stared long and hard at the water until someone with a Costco namebadge walked by. I asked him nicely if he could help me load the water on my cart and he was just soo friendly! He even told me that when I checkout, someone can help me to the car.
- Third, one of the "carry out" folks helped me to the car and even pushed my cart for me. He nicely lifted the water into my trunk, where it still waits for Larry to come home and unload it.
I'm not one to ask for help, actually, I'm rather stubborn about it; but, I realize that my safety and the babies safety are super important. I can still be a strong independent woman, asking for help doesn't make me weak, it makes me smart and sensible.
Lucy, Mommy and Baby @ 27 Weeks
No comments:
Post a Comment