Sunday, October 9, 2011

Rings, bridesmaid dresses and suits oh my!

Lately Larry and I have been on the hunt for wedding bands.  Although trying on rings and going to various jewelry stores has been this girls dream, the reality of it is that there are just too many choices!  I love my ring, especially because it is a family heirloom.  The diamond, setting and all were his mothers.  However, lately we have been toying with the idea of getting a new wedding set.  The only reason why I would want to change my existing engagement ring is due to the fact that the prongs on my solitaire setting keep getting loose.  Causing the diamond to spin in the setting and causing an immense amount of anxiety for this bride to be.

I love my ring and I cannot say that enough.  The last time I got the prongs tightened (which people should do on a regular basis) has probably been a good 3-4 months ago.  I have not had any problems yet; which makes me think that I really only need a new wedding band.

Larry has definitely narrowed down what he wants in a wedding band.  6 mm width, two toned band with white and yellow gold and milligrain detail in the band.

Larry and I have both decided to let our wedding parties chose their dresses and suits.  Basically all of the bridesmaids will have a dress that fits their body and their comfort level all they have to be is close to a dark blue color.  For the groomsemen, Larry just wants them in grey suits and we'll have them all wear the same blue ties and maybe the same color vests.  JUST REMEMBER KISS (Keep It Sweet and Simple!)  I'm going to try to live by this motto for the rest of the wedding planning process.

8.5 Months to go!  Woohoo!

Ta Ta for now!

Genie KimChee

No comments:

Post a Comment