Thursday, June 7, 2012

Suits, spreadsheets, and details!

Let me start by saying "wholly cow we only have 23 days left until the big day!"

As I let out a big sigh of relief, I feel the need to list all the things we (our team of wedding gnomes) have accomplished.

1. Venue Rental
2. Food/catering
3. Clothing (dresses, suits, shirts, ties, shoes)
4. Essential supplies (thanks to my mom for finding plates and silverware on Craigslist)
5. Decor (big thanks to friends and family for helping me accumulate all of my decor items throughout this year!)
6. Officiant
7. Day of coordinator!
8. Flowers
9. Party Favors
10. Rings!!
11. Marriage License

As long as we have all of the above, we can get married! Doing my best to let go of the little things and to look at the big picture.

I am so grateful for Larry's active participation, leadership and love. I feel like many couples are at each others throats during this process. The only advice I give to others is to communicate your wants and needs and to be clear with each other. You can't read each others minds. I am a very visual person and have a creative vision of how I want things to look. If I don't draw or show people what I'm talking about then nobody would ever know what I'm imagining.

For Larry the food was the most important. He wanted the food to be top notch and that was important to me too. So we decided to go all in and hire our friend Chef Rick to cater our wedding. I am soo excited for the food!

As I close this post, I'm left feeling positive, excited and rejuvenated in this planning process! It's all about perspective!

Love,

Genie Kimchee



No comments:

Post a Comment